HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN
Acceptance. Everyone wants to be accepted, to feel a sense of belonging and usefulness. You probably know what it takes to be accepted by friends. But have you ever thought about what it takes to be accepted by God?
Consider what the Bible teaches:
God loves you.
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
You are a sinner in need of forgiveness. The Holy Spirit makes you aware of your sin.
- Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Hebrews 9:27 – Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.
God wants to forgive you.
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1 Peter 3:18 – For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
You must turn away from your sins.
- Luke 13:5 – I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
You must place your faith in God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
- Acts 20:21 – I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.
- John 14:6 – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
You can receive Jesus Christ through prayer.
- Revelation 3:20 – Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Through prayer, you can:
- Admit to God that you are a sinner and that you are turning from your sins.
- Believe in Jesus by thanking Him for dying on the cross and rising from the dead for your sins.
- Commit your life to Jesus by asking Him to come into your life as your Savior and Lord.
If you have made this commitment, please let us know about it. We would love to help you grow in your relationship with Christ!